The Festival of Lights
End of fall and ultimate pampering
28th Oct Jodhpur – Rohet (30-45mins drive)
Suggested Flight: AI 475 departure Delhi @12.40hrs, arrival Jodhpur @ 14.00hrs
Today, we will receive you at Jodhpur airport and drive you to a magical fort.
Built in 2009 AD….MIHIR GARH…. or ‘The Fort of the Sun’ is an indulgent initiative from the House of Rohet. Mihir Garh is a 5 star Heritage hotel in Rajasthan, Jodhpur, India. Manifesting out of the golden sands of Marwar, it stands majestically to embrace the discerning traveler and shower upon him the legendary hospitality and the diverse flavors of the land.
Rest of the day is at leisure; watch the beautiful sunset sipping your favorite cocktail from the infinity pool or your own private plunge pool.
Live music entertainment, desert song
Overnight at Mihirgarh.
29th Oct Rohet – Jodhpur – Rohet
After breakfast at 8AM, we start our day trip to Jodhpur visiting Mehrangarh Fort, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jaswant Thada, Ghanta Ghar.
Later we continue to go on a zeep safari to Bishnoi village and witness the opium tea ceremony. Taste the opium tea if you are adventurous 🙂
Later come back to the hotel.
Live music entertainment, desert song
Overnight at Mihirgarh (Breakfast)
30th Oct Rohet
HAPPY DIPAWALI – THE FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS
Leisurely breakfast and enjoy the magical fort.
Later we will take you through the unique experience of culinary demonstrations and workshops. The recipes come from Late Thakurani Sahbia Jayenda Kumari’s books (owner’s mother) on traditional Rajasthani food. You can experiment with your own favorite recipes until you are confident that they can re-create the same taste at their homes. Else, you can remain mere spectators of the fine art of cooking – and later enjoy the delicacies at a special dinner.
This evening we shall celebrate it with style, say no to fire crackers instead release lots and lots of sky lanterns and lit the sky.
Overnight at Mihirgarh (Breakfast & Dinner)
31st Oct Rohet – Jodhpur departure
Suggested Flight: AI 476. departure Jodhpur @14.35hrs, arrival Delhi @15.50hrs
After breakfast, we will transfer you to Jodhpur airport to board your onward flight.
HOTELS:(28 Oct – 31st Oct’16)
|Number of pax||Rates|
|02 pax in twin sharing||INR 95,280/- per person on twin sharing
(inclusive all taxes)
|Single supplement||INR 48,620/- Per Single|
- 03 nights hotel accommodation. Stay in hotels on room & breakfast basis unless specified
- Arrival and departure assistance
- Transportation using an air conditioned vehicle (INNOVA (03 PAX)/TT (07 Max.PAX)
- Services of English speaking local guides as per the program
- Entrance fee to the monuments as per the program (01 time visit)
- Village jeep safari in Rohet
- Cooking class in Rohet
- Diwali celebration in Rohet with sky lanterns
- Strike a pose – photographer onsite, a bottle of Indian wine with our compliments in your room
- All presently applicable taxes
- Any Airfare | travel insurance | visa fees
- Any item of personal nature such as table drinks, laundry, telephone calls, mineral water etc.
- Any other meals (except those mentioned above).
- Camera fee at the monuments
- Tipping, etc.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
We advise all customers to purchase traveller’s insurance in case of interruption, accidents, illness, or anything else that may come up.
Unless stated differently on the tour, cancellations received 120 days prior to departure date will be refunded in full less a 10% handling fee. Thereafter, cancellation fees are as follows:
- 119 to 90 days prior to departure = 25% of tour cost
- 89 to 60 days prior to departure = 50% of tour cost
- 59 to 30 days prior to departure = 75% of tour cost
- 29 days prior to departure forfeits full tour price, including no shows.
If the tour is cancelled by Serene Journeys, a full refund of all deposits and/or payments will be given.
PRECAUTIONS DURING YOUR TRAVEL IN INDIA
Here is a list of precautions which will help you to enjoy your holidays in India fully. You need to be very attentive and careful about your documents, luggage and health during your India travel.
- On streets keep all money in zipped pockets.
- Keep all your important documents like passport, health certificate and international driving permit with you always.
- Most of the diseases in India are water born there for always keep a flask of boiled water with you and never eat anything from shops or stalls which serve uncovered eatables.
- Always keep a medical kit with you when you travel to India and stock up on aspirins, diarrhea tablets, insect cream, salt tablets and other first-aid essentials.
- Always buy beverages and juices of good brand and check the seal and expiry date before buying.
- Always peel your own fruit and vegetables, stay clear of raw vegetables salads, raw sugarcane or (a big cause of amoebic dysentery) iced cane-juice.
- While traveling in dry climate you need to have a lots of fluids and to soak up all the excess liquid you might want to pick some solid eatables like biscuit, bread etc.
- While traveling in dry places like Rajasthan have lots of water in-store with u.
- If you wish to over stay, you are advised to contact the nearest Foreigner’s Regional Registration Office.
- For personal side trips in the city, try to use pre-paid taxis/auto-rickshaws or pay by meter or ask for fare chart when you travel within India. Lots of reliable app based taxis like Uber, Ola etc are available as well.